HIPAA Privacy Compliance
Last updated: January 20, 2022
Peter Uncaged MD is committed to protecting the privacy of our members’ personal health information. Part of that commitment is complying with the Privacy Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), which requires us to take additional measures to protect personal information and to inform our members about those measures.
The words in which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Peter Uncaged MD, 601 21st suite 300 Vero Beach, Florida.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Protected Health Information (PHI) is information about you, including information that can reasonably be used to identify you and that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, the provision of health care to you or the payment for that care.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Peter Uncaged MD, accessible from https://peteruncagedmd.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
The Notice of Privacy Practices describes how Peter Uncaged MD may use and disclose a member’s personal health information, to protect personal health information about you, and how a member of a Peter Uncaged MD health plan can get access to this information. The Notice of Privacy Practices was recently updated to reflect the way your health information is shared via secure electronic data sharing networks called Health Information Exchanges. You can also call to request a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices by contacting Peter Uncaged MD support.
We protect your privacy by:
- limiting who may see your PHI;
- limiting how we may use or disclose your PHI;
- informing you of our legal duties with respect to your PHI;
- explaining our privacy policies; and
- adhering to the policies currently in effect.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Describes how Peter Uncaged MD may use and disclose a member’s personal health information and how a member of a Peter Uncaged MD health plan can get access to this information.
- Notice of Privacy — For Peter Uncaged MD customers
GENERAL HIPAA INFORMATION
- HIPAA Resources: Covered entities, HIPAA Privacy Rule, Permitted Uses & Disclosures, & HIPAA Security Rule
If you have questions regarding HIPAA, please contact Support@PeterUncagedMD.com
- By email: Support@PeterUncagedMD.com
- By letter: Peter Uncaged MD, 601 21st suite 300 Vero Beach, Florida
- By phone: 772-800-4031